Sandes app is an open source-based indigenous instant messaging platform developed by NIC, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India to facilitate instant messaging communication in Government organizations. It is hosted exclusively at Government infrastructure. It supports end-to-end encrypted messaging and encrypted backup and encrypted OTP service. Its privacy and data policy is governed by the rules and regulations of the Government of India. Sandes can be integrated with other Government communications systems for sending encrypted messages without any cost. Currently, Sandes is integrated with NIC email, DigiLocker, and e-office.
At present, full features of Sandes app are available only to Government verified users. Employees of the Government organizations need to contact the Nodal officer of their Ministry/ Department for verification.
[powerkit_toc title=”Table of Contents” depth=”2″ min_count=”4″ min_characters=”1000″]
Sandes, which is the Indian government’s instant messaging app, is now accessible to everyone. Previously, it was only available for government officials. The app, which has been launched by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), gives a boost to PM Narendra Modi’s Digital India and Aatmanirbhar Bharat (self-reliant India) initiative.
Types of Users on Sandes App
The different types of users on the Sandes portal and their responsibilities are listed below:
- Ministry Admin
- Organisation Administrator (O Admin)
- Organisation Unit Administrator (OU Admin)
1. Ministry Admin
Every Ministry will have a designated administrator known as Ministry Admin having primary
responsibility as below:
• creating a new Organisation, updating its profile, and deleting it from the system (if required).
• making Organisation Admin, i.e., onboarding and employee of Organisation and granting him Organization Admin rights.
2. Organisation Administrator (O Admin)
Every Organisation will have a designated administrator known as Organisation Admin (O
Admin) having primary responsibility as below:
- Creating a new Organisation Unit, updating its profile, setting profile visibility at Organisation level and deleting Organisation from the system (if required).
- Making Organisation Unit Admin, i.e., onboarding an employee of Organisation Unit and granting him Organisation Unit Admin rights.
3. Organisation Unit Administrator (OU Admin)
Every OU will have a designated moderator/administrator known as OU Admin who will have
the primary responsibility as below:
- Onboarding of the users on the platform (individually or in bulk).
- Profile management of employees including editing profile, editing photo, transfer and offboarding.
- Verification of employees of the respective OU who are self-registered on Sandes App.
- Role allocation to employees (access management).
- Official group management (group creation, adding/removing members, dispersal).
Note 1: The onboarding of a new Ministry, updating its profile, and deleting Ministry from the system on a request, basis will be done by the System Administrator.
Note 2: Making Ministry Admin, i.e., for onboarding an employee of Ministry and granting him Ministry Admin rights/revoking his Ministry admin rights will also be done by the System
Sandes App Features
- Instant Messaging
- Audio & Video Calling
- Broadcast Message
- Member wise status
- Heat map based on Chat activaities
- Support and App download center
- Sandes Web Portal
- Sandes Chatbot & Info Services
Sandes App APK Download
Sandes App FAQ’s
What is Sandes?
On how many platforms Sandes is available?
➢ Web-version (Desktop)
Can I transfer my chat history from iOS to Android device or vice versa?
Who is an Organisation verified user?
I have registered on Sandes, but I am not able to view group chatting option or Audio/Video calling on Sandes platform?
Organisation verified users
Public /Government users invited to Sandes
Public /Government users not invited to Sandes
I am a Government employee. Why am I not able to view features of group chatting or
I am a Government employee and I don’t know the details of the nodal officer from my
Organisation. What should I do?
Can I verify a user on Sandes platform?